Thank you for using Cloud Nutrition!
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank has recently updated CHOP and has released a new version that provides more accurate rankings for some foods. Currently, the new version is available for download as an Excel spreadsheet. To download the new and improved version of CHOP, please fill out the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/
New features in this version of CHOP include:
- A ranking system based on the Nutrient Rich Foods (NRF) Index, which
- calculates nutrient density of foods on a per calorie basis
- gives more accurate rankings for sugary foods like pop tarts
- gives more accurate rankings for low-calorie, nutrient-dense foods like canned green beans
- color coded lines to indicate at a glance whether an item has been ranked as a 1, 2, or 3
- Pie chart for each category to show at a glance what percentage of items ranked are 1s, 2s, or 3s.
- A bar graph to show the NRF ranking for items ranked
Currently, this downloadable spreadsheet is the only format in which to rank foods according to the updated CHOP algorithms.
[swfobj src=”http://www.cloudnutrition.net/chop.swf” height=”600″ width=”1000″]